Powered By Blogger

22 May 2008

Stalker Software...

Cable & Wireless Panama Chooses Stalker Software to Provide its Customers with Reliable and Secure Access to Messaging Services from Anywhere, Anytime | Business Wire | Find Articles at BNET.com
Just curious, but why would you name your software company "Stalker Software, Inc."?
Not sure if it was a coincedence or not, but I recently received some SPAM in my Yahoo inbox, that upon further investigation of the Message Header, the term "CommuniGate Pro WEBUSER 5.1.13" was found. I googled this term and found several sites that refer to this particular software. I noticed several entries describing actual spam emails they have received or logged.

I eventually came across the Communigate Home Page. If you scroll to the very bottom of the page, you'll see a reference to "Communigate Pro" and then it goes on to say "CommuniGate Systems logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Stalker Software, Inc.".

I found this article about Cable&Wireless Panama and how they were going to use Stalker Software.

In my particular spam email and in several that were refereced in my Google search, I also see the site "swip.net" referenced. http://www.swip.net, is apparently the webmail login page for Tele2. On the upper right of the swip.net page, there are links for Tele2Internet and Tele2.se, but both of these links are to a ccTLD (country code Top Level Domain) of .se, which is a Doman based in the country of Sweeden. In the same header in which "swip.net" and "CommuniGate" was found, the phrase "tele2.nl" was also included. Though it is very likely that tele2.nl and tele2.se can exist at the same time, since both are of different Country Codes, geographically, these two countries are quite close in proximity.

I found that "tele2.se" apparently does not exist, as I was taken to an IE cannot display the webpage error. However, according to a Who.is search of "tele2.se", this domain is active and belongs to
created: 1991-04-14
modified: 2007-12-12
expires: 2008-12-31
nserver: pitea.dns.swip.net
nserver: sunic.sunet.se
nserver: ystad.dns.swip.net

Oh look, there's our "swip.net" again.

I'm going to give up this investigation for now, but this just seems all too fishy...